Beta Stick BetaStick Evo
The new and improved BetaStick Evo, featuring a more durable design and three new models: Ultra Compact, Super Standard, and Ultra Long. If you're not familiar with the BetaStick, it's used for sport climbing where it allows you to clip quickdraws into bolts from the ground, or, with the harness attachment, on the wall. This is especially useful for routes with a high first bolt where there is a chance of falling off. It also features an integral hooking feature for rope retrieval. Go for the short version if it's for travelling, the mid version if it's for day-to-day use, or the longest version if you want to clip as many bolts as possible from the ground when returning to a project.
|ULTRA COMPACT||55 - 238cm|
|SUPER STANDARD||74 - 374cm|
|ULTRA LONG||113 - 648cm|
• Ultra Compact - the ultimate travel clip stick
• Super Standard - the new standard in BetaStick; more compact with more reach
• Ultra Long - a real monster for the practiced climber with a capacity to clip at heights of 6.5m+
• Capacity for lasso clipping and quickdraw removal
• Integral hooking feature for rope retrieval
• New pole design to prevent spinning with secure locking mechanisms and a stiffer, more durable build quality
• A dual position spring to securely retain karabiners, optimise gate opening and release smoothly
• Compatible with a wide range of snap gate karabiners – both solid and wire gate
• An ergonomically angled head to easily access bolt hangers in difficult clipping situations
• Clips to harness for ‘bolt-to-bolting
7 product reviews
Product is awesome, light weight, very practical and easy to use. But it's very fragile when used in it's full extension o_O in fact, the only time I tried to used it got bent. Now the upper part is useless because to bring it back home I forced it back inside and now it's totally stucked.
Ok it's a long story which I won't bore you with but I'm a proud owner of all three of the Beta sticks. The small is great for clipping whilst on the route and traveling, whilst the long one is a must for the Frankenjura etc. All the upgrades on the old model are just what you want. A well thought out invaluable bit of gear, don't go anywhere, where there are bolts without one.
Very usefull also small enough to travel with... Should have bought this long time ago
easy to use easy to carry..good to have it.
Now I have one it’s hard to live without. I have used it for a couple of months now and have no complains. It has held up good but I can imagine the plastic part breaking. If the part where you attache the quickdraw was made out of metal would get 5 stars.