Patagonia Men's Galvanized Pants
The Patagonia Galvanized Pants are made from a 3-layer H2No material designed to offer greater stretch than a traditional hardshell fabric. A high elastane content (12%) has been woven into the fabric, which combined with articulated patterning makes the Galvanized Pants very easy to move in, an ideal characteristic for anyone that has found their regular hardshell a bit too restrictive. Other features include watertight, PU-coated harness-compatible zips, thigh vents that double as a drop seat, and a RECCO reflector to aid in search and rescue.
|MATERIAL(S)||H2No™ Performance Standard shell: 3-layer, 4.4-oz 50-denier 88% polyester/12% elastane stretch woven with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and a jersey-knit backer|
|WEIGHT||394 g (avg.)|
• Stretchy, 3-layer polyester/elastane fabric offers full mobility and exceptional waterproof protection; soft jersey-knit backer wicks moisture
• Minimal, articulated pattern complements stretch fabric to enhance ease of movement
• Low bib with adjustable, elasticised, removable suspenders and separating zip fly with snap-tab closure
• Drop-seat configuration features snap-tab closures for easy pit stops without stripping down and 2-way watertight zippers that double as thigh vents
• Two large thigh pockets with watertight, PU-coated zips are positioned strategically for harness compatibility
• Narrow lower legs and ultraminimal cuffs with shock-cord adjustments and tie-down loops reduce bulk around alpine boots
• Concealed RECCO® reflector
3-layer H2No® Performance Standard fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof, and breathable built to withstand long term exposure in extreme environments. All products bearing the H2No® label have been vigorously tested for durability in Patagonia's "24 Killer Wash", a process used to simulate years of use and abuse in a short period of time. This process consists of exposing the fabric to severe thrashing in a modified washing machine for a continuous 24-hours. The H2No® Performance Standard for waterproof shell garments is 20,000 MM before, and 10,000 MM after Patagonia's Killer Wash test (per JIS L 1092 B). This fabric features a Durable Water Repellent treatment.
RECCO® Rescue System
The RECCO® Rescue System is sophisticated radar technology that helps rescue teams to find lost or buried skiers, riders, and mountaineers. RECCO® detectors send out a directional search signal which is then echoed by the RECCO® reflectors embedded into outdoor clothing. This allows rescue teams to use lightweight hand-held detectors on the ground or from a helicopter to efficiently search large or dangerous areas of a mountain. RECCO® is not a substitute for an avalanche transceiver and does not guarantee the location or survival of a buried or lost person. They do, however, provide another chance of finding lost mountaineers and those buried without a transceiver.